Important dates and events: (See also current semester calendar.)
|The final exam schedule and the Academic Dean Notice on Final Examination Schedule and Exceptions is available online.|
|The Academic Dean Notice on End of Semester Items is available online. All faculty should review this notice in its entirety.|
About the Academic Program
To prepare midshipmen as Naval officers, the Naval Academy’s curriculum blends professional subjects with required and elective courses similar to those offered at leading civilian colleges. Our curriculum has three basic elements:
- Core requirements in engineering, natural sciences, the humanities and social sciences, to assure that graduates are able to think critically, solve increasingly technical problems in a dynamic, global environment, and express conclusions clearly.
- Core academic courses and practical training to teach the leadership and professional skills required of Navy and Marine Corps officers.
- An academic major that permits a midshipman to explore a discipline in some depth and prepare for graduate level work.
- Academic Research
- Center for Academic Excellence (Academic Center)
- Center for Cyber Security Studies (CCSS)
- Center for Middle East and Islamic Studies
- Center for Teaching and Learning
- Faculty Senate
- Graduate Education Opportunities
- Instructional Development Support Center
- International Programs
- Library Resources
- Multimedia Support Center
- Nimitz Library
- Parent Information
- Research Office
- Stockdale Center for Ethical Leadership