- USNA classes will be operating on a "two hour" delay schedule for Tuesday, 9 Feb 2016. 1st period begins at 0930:
Period Time Period Time 1 0930-1020 8 0930-1045 2 1030-1120 Lunch 1130-1220 Lunch 1130-1220 3 1230-1320 9 1230-1345 4 1330-1420 5 1430-1520 10 1430-1545 6 1530-1620 7 1630-1720
- Current Semester Calendar - Spring 2016 (AY2016). Note also that the X-Period Exam Schedules during Academic Reserve Weeks are also available.
- The following AcDeanNotes for AY2016 are available. Faculty and midshipmen should review each AcDeanNote in its entirety:
- The faculty calendar for each academic year with detailed intersessional information is also available on our website under Calendars & Events > Faculty Calendar. The calendars reflect the recent shift of the faculty calendar.
About the Academic Program
To prepare midshipmen as Naval officers, the Naval Academy’s curriculum blends professional subjects with required and elective courses similar to those offered at leading civilian colleges. Our curriculum has three basic elements:
- Core requirements in engineering, natural sciences, the humanities and social sciences, to assure that graduates are able to think critically, solve increasingly technical problems in a dynamic, global environment, and express conclusions clearly.
- Core academic courses and practical training to teach the leadership and professional skills required of Navy and Marine Corps officers.
- An academic major that permits a midshipman to explore a discipline in some depth and prepare for graduate level work.