- UPDATE! USNA is operating under a "FOUR-Hour" Delayed Start Schedule on Thursday, 26 February. First through fourth period classes are canceled and fifth period begins at 1430; please see the listing of all class period schedules here.
- We have a position opening for a new Deputy Director of Academic Advising (DDAA). Applications are still being accepted; see position announcement for more details.
- Current Semester Calendar
- All faculty and midshipmen should review the Spring 2015 Start of Semester AcDean Notice and the Academic Advising, Preregistration & Registration AcDean Notice in their entirety. Note also the new AcDean Instruction on Course Policy Statements and Syllabi
- The Majors Open House Schedule for the Class of 2018 is available under Calendars & Events
- Mon-Fri, 16-20 Mar: Spring Break. No classes.
- Mon-Fri, 30 Mar - 3 Apr: 12-wk Academic Reserve Week. The X-Period Exam Schedule has been posted.
About the Academic Program
To prepare midshipmen as Naval officers, the Naval Academy’s curriculum blends professional subjects with required and elective courses similar to those offered at leading civilian colleges. Our curriculum has three basic elements:
- Core requirements in engineering, natural sciences, the humanities and social sciences, to assure that graduates are able to think critically, solve increasingly technical problems in a dynamic, global environment, and express conclusions clearly.
- Core academic courses and practical training to teach the leadership and professional skills required of Navy and Marine Corps officers.
- An academic major that permits a midshipman to explore a discipline in some depth and prepare for graduate level work.