To prepare midshipmen as Naval officers, the Academy’s curriculum blends professional subjects with required and elective courses similar to those offered at leading civilian colleges. Our curriculum has three basic elements:
- Core requirements in engineering, natural sciences, the humanities and social sciences, to assure that graduates are able to think critically, solve increasingly technical problems in a dynamic, global environment, and express conclusions clearly.
- Core academic courses and practical training to teach the leadership and professional skills required of Navy and Marine Corps officers.
- An academic major that permits a midshipman to explore a discipline in some depth and prepare for graduate level work.
- Academic Calendars; Class and Exam Schedules
- Academic Dean
- Course Descriptions
- Graduate Education Login
- Majors Program Information
- Registrar’s Office
- Academic Research
- Center for Academic Excellence (Academic Center)
- Center for Middle East and Islamic Studies
- Center for Teaching and Learning
- Instructional Development Support Center
- Library Resources
- Multimedia Support Center
- Stockdale Center for Ethical Leadership
- Writing Center