Former Midshipmen seeking Readmission
UPCOMING DEADLINES: All paperwork is due by Friday, February 15th to be considered by the March 6th Academic Board.
Separated midshipmen are required to be out one year prior to readmission. The Academic Board normally meets in February and November to review requests for readmission. Candidates for readmission need to have a readmission file complete approximately one month prior to the Academic Board that they desire to go before. If you have a compelling reason to request readmission other than February or November when the Academic Board normally reviews readmission requests, you need to put your request in writing to the Dean of Admissions, and efforts will be made to forward your request to the Board when your readmit file is complete.
STEPS FOR READMISSION
1. Begin by writing a letter to Dean of Admissions, U.S. Naval Academy, ATTN: Readmission Coordinator, 117 Decatur Rd. Annapolis, MD 21402-5017. Your letter is presented to the Academic Board by the Dean of Admissions, along with the additional information provided. Your initial letter should be an original (not a copy) with your original signature and state:
- When you separated
- Why you separated
- What you have been doing in the interim to correct any deficiencies that led to separation (if that was the case)
- Why you feel the Academic Board should consider your readmission request
- If readmitted, class/classes you request for summer school, only if it is desired as part of the readmission official package
2. Submit transcripts of any classes you have taken since separation and a list of current classes (if grades are not available).
3. Submit letters of recommendation for the Academic Board's review (a readmit file normally contains three letters of recommendation).
4. Do not fill out any of the Admissions forms that you filled out when you were initially admitted (pre-candidate questionnaire, etc.) and do not contact members of Congress for a nomination. You will not need to apply for another nomination from an authorized source.
5. The Dean of Admissions office will respond with:
- Letter of receipt
- Physical Readiness Test (PRT) form-to be witnessed by a Certifying Officer (questions regarding the completion of the PRT may be addressed to Fleet Coordinator, Senior Chief E. Maxwell, USNA, Admissions Office (410) 293-1839 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- DODMERB medical form, "Statement of Present Health". The medical form does not require a physician. You self-certify that you are healthy and able to return to the Brigade. The Statement of Present Health is returned to the Dean of Admissions office, not to DODMERB.
- Return envelope for both completed forms (you should write ATTN: Readmission Coordinator on the outside of each envelope)
6. If you have questions concerning when you would be readmitted, what classes you might need to retake, or other academic-related issues, you should contact the USNA Associate Dean at (410) 293-1586 or email@example.com.
7. If you desire the Office of Admissions to correspond with your representative concerning your readmissions request, an original, signed/dated release form must be included in your request file.
Feel free to email Mrs. Joanne Pacen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (410) 293-1844 if we can be of any further assistance.