USNA Amateur Radio Club W3ADO is participating with ARINC Amateur Radio Club for
June 24-25 2006
Each year, during the last weekend in June, amateur radio operators from around the world participate in an emergency communications simulation called Field Day. Historically, the ARINC Radio Club has operated the club radio station, W3ZH, for a 24-hour period. This year, USNA will be conducting the Second annual Field Day with the ARINC Radio Club. The field Day event will be held at John Dunning Marina (MWR Mill Creek) in Annapolis during the weekend of June 24 and June 25 starting at 2 p.m. on Saturday.
Come join W3ADO and see what Amateur Radio is all about! Enjoy a day filled with fun, food, camaraderie, and/or help us man our club radio station.
You dont have to be a licensed Amateur Radio operator to participate, just have a willingness to have fun. For more information, contact ENC (SEAL/SW) Scott Snyder, KG6ERY, email@example.com, phone 410-293-5582.
Directions from Rt 50 to John Dunning Marina Miles
1. Start on Rt 50 in Annapolis, MD - East -
2. Take exit 27/Rt 450 South 1.0
3. Left on Rt 648/Baltimore Annapolis Blvd 1.8
(Just before Bridge)
4. Continue on Rt 648/Baltimore Annapolis Blvd
5. Baltimore Annapolis Blvd becomes Greenbury Point Rd
6. Go straight thru light at Kinkaid Rd
7. Greenbury Point Rd becomes Bullard Blvd
Go past Golf Course
8. Turn Left on Mclean Rd by Nature Center 0.1
9. Turn Left on Hooper High Rd 0.1
10. At the end of the road, Park at John Dunning Marina
(GPS: Lat N38 deg 59 28 Long W-76 deg 27 10)