Dahlgren Hall  

Dahlgren Hall Dahlgren Hall

Dahlgren Hall, designed by architect Ernest Flagg in 1898, was completed in 1903. It was named for Rear Admiral John A. Dahlgren, U. S. Navy, a Civil War inventor of scientifically designed, large-caliber naval guns. Dahlgren Hall has served variously as an armory, indoor drill area and a Weapons Department laboratory. In 1975 Dahlgren Hall was renovated to include a recreational indoor skating rink which has since been relocated, and the Drydock Restaurant.

Back to top