Process to Apply For Faculty Development Funds
- Dean Miller announced at the Faculty Convocation on 27 January 2000 the availability of funds to support faculty travel to teaching and learning conferences and workshops. The following delineates the process for applying for faculty development funds to travel to teaching conferences and workshops.
- All requests for funding of travel to teaching conferences and workshops should follow the format of Enclosure (1).
- Submit a completed request to the Director, Teaching and Learning.
- If approved by the Director, Teaching and Learning, a faculty member will:
- Have travel orders prepared by department. Department preparer needs to contact the Dean’s Budget Technician, Carolyn Paul (X3-3545 ) for accounting information.
- Provide a copy of all travel settlement paperwork to Dean’s Budget Technician.
- Provide a trip report to Director, Teaching and Learning within ten (10) days of return from travel.
- Provide a copy of all material from the conference/workshop.
- Provide a seminar/workshop for faculty. Director, Teaching and Learning must be notified before seminar/workshop offered so that Director can attend.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Director, Teaching and Learning (X3-2506).
FORMAT FOR REQUESTING FACULTY DEVELOPMENT FUNDS
TO SUPPORT TRAVEL TO TEACHING CONFERENCES/WORKSHOPS
From: (Name and social security number)
To: Director, Teaching and Learning
Via: (1) Chair, Department
(2) Director, Division of
Subj: REQUEST FOR FUNDING TRAVEL TO SUPPORT TEACHING
I request faculty development funding to
(Name of conference or workshop)
(Location) on the following
My costs will be:
Per diem $_____________
Ground Transportation $_____________
Paragraph describing expected benefits to faculty member.
Paragraph describing how faculty plan to disseminate the knowledge
acquired at the conference.
I have previously been funded to travel to a teaching conference/workshop:
Year:_____________ Amount $_____________