Educational Technologies > Connect
What is Adobe Connect?
Defense Connect Online (DCO)
Upcoming Adobe Connect Demos
What is Adobe Connect? Go to Top
Connect brings real-world functionality to web conferencing. It enables users to communicate and interact with groups large and small in real-time, using high-impact presentations and essential collaboration tools.
Interact with remote participants in real time - one on one or in extended teams. Connect meetings with screen-sharing, whiteboarding, integrated VoIP, and multi-person video help with information dissemination and shared situational awareness. Participants can collaborate in an informal, highly interactive manner with shared screens, applications, images, and documents.
Top Features for e-Learning
- Rapidly create content
Deploy custom teaching programs that mix and reuse a variety of activities. Create self-paced courses right from Microsoft PowerPoint using Adobe® Presenter software. You can also capture screen recordings or create interactive simulations using Adobe Captivate® software. And record an Adobe Acrobat® Connect™ Pro virtual classroom session and download and edit it for reuse as a self-paced course.
- Share your screen
Share your screen at three levels: window, application, or entire desktop. Synchronize the view of all participants and expand the viewing area for shared applications, documents, and whiteboards.
- Track learner performance
Track learners' participation and scores for real-time performance data. For self-paced courses, view learner progress and completion rates. A curriculum view shows learners their required courses and time to completion.
DCO (Defense Connect Online) Go to Top
DCO provides web conferencing that any Department of Defense users can access instantly.
- With your CAC in your computer’s card reader, navigate to https://www.dco.dod.mil and enter your CAC pin when prompted.
Note: You only need to use your CAC card the first time when you register for an account. Later, you can simply use your username and password to log into your account.
- Click on the Register link.
- Fill in the fields that are editable for your registration profile.
Create a Meeting
- When logged into the DCO Portal, select Create a New Meeting in the Web Conferences and Meetings section.
- The Meeting Name & URL Identifier must be unique on DCO. The URL Identifier allows you to specify a custom URL for your Connect room (ex. https://connect.dco.dod.mil/updatebrief). Note: A custom URL Identifier must not contain spaces, special characters, or start with a number.
- When finished select the Finish button or if you desire to invite and pre-specify user rights select the Invite Users button. You can also distribute the URL for the meeting to others so that they can enter directly from their browser.
Note: If you or the meeting participants try to directly access a meeting URL from a non-DOD computer, you would need to install the DoD Certificate first by going to https://www.dodpke.com/installroot/scroll down and download both “InstallRoot 3.12A.zip” and “InstallRoot 3.12B.zip” files under “Microsoft Windows - Command Line Versions.” Unzip and run the .exe file in the zip files.
- Enter the meeting by clicking on its title in the My Meetings listing.
Note: You may be presented with several security alerts. Please accept in order to proceed into your Connect room.
- You will enter into your Connect room and be able to conduct your meeting.
You can download a copy of the DCO Quick Reference Guide here.
DCO Help Desk: email@example.com
DSN: 850-3136, Commercial: 614-692-3136, Toll Free: 1-800-447-2457
Upcoming Adobe Connect Demos Go to Top
The Instructional Development Support Center (IDSC) will demo the use of Adobe Connect at the following dates/times in Nimitz 107. Click here to sign up for the demo.
- Wednesday, 30 Jan., 2013, 1615-1700
- Thursday, 21 Feb., 2013, 1615-1700
- Wednesday, 27 Mar., 2013, 1615-1700
- Tuesday, 16 Apr., 2013, 1615-1700