Effective College Teaching Workshop
Presented by: Richard Felder and Rebecca Brent
May 11, 2015 to May 12, 2015
The two day workshop will cover:
- How do students learn? How do teachers teach? What often goes wrong in the process?
- How do I plan a course? What do I do on the first day?
- How can I be a better lecturer?
- How can I get students actively involved on learning? How canI get them to learn from each other (cooperative learning)?
- How can I teach students to solve problems creatively?
- How can I create tests that are both rigorous and fair?
- What student-related problems am I likely to face (classroom management, emotional crises, cheating, etc.)? How should I deal with them?