Welcome to Electrical and Computer Engineering
The Electrical and Computer Engineering Department offers Bachelor of Science degrees in Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering. Midshipmen receive a broad education in electrical and computer engineering subjects and principles that enhance their ability to understand, design, and operate naval systems. The department's outstanding faculty, curriculum, and supporting facilities enable the department to achieve teaching and research excellence.
The Electrical Engineering degree and the Computer Engineering degree are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
The mission of the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department is to prepare midshipmen to be leaders in today's technologically advanced Navy and Marine Corps by providing them with a firm understanding of the fundamentals of electrical and computer engineering.
- Understand the principles that underlie electrical, electronic, and computational technology.
- Can apply their knowledge quantitatively and qualitatively to solve technical problems.
- Can communicate their ideas clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Work effectively either independently or in teams.
- Are aware of the larger moral and societal context for their actions, and are committed to the highest standards of ethical behavior.
- Engage in lifelong learning so that they can continue to serve the nation and contribute positively to their community throughout their career, whether or not they are in uniform.
Program Educational Objectives
Three to eight years after graduation, the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering desires its graduates to be selfless and inspirational Navy or Marine Corps officers, expecting them to be:
- Professional and articulate leaders, capable of guiding a team of warfighters in technically complex tasks.
- Innovative and adaptable engineers, demonstrating proficiency in electrical or computer engineering fundamentals and succeeding in a broad range of technical roles, naval service professional schools, and graduate engineering programs.
Electrical and Computer Engineering Department
United States Naval Academy
Mail Stop 14B
105 Maryland Avenue
Annapolis, MD 21402-5025
Telephone: (410) 293-6150 | DSN: 281-6150
Fax: (410) 293-3493 | DSN: 281-3493