McCain Conference Registration Information
April 25-26, 2013 Registration is now Closed
Alumni Hall, second floor Bo Coppedge Room
In light of economic and security challenges facing the United States and the West, this year’s conference will delve into the history and theory of great power decline—with emphases on assessing our challenges, identifying their moral/cultural causes, and recommending appropriate courses of action to leaders of our culture-forming, economic, political, and military institutions. We’ll also explore the possible moral/cultural roles of military leaders, and the ethical obligations of and to the military in times of fiscal austerity.
2013 McCain Conference
The Ethical Dimensions of Extraordinary National Challenges
25-26 April 2013
US Naval Academy
Video of the 2013 Conference HERE
Registration is complimentary, and you will be our guest for meals on Thursday and Friday (excluding dinner on your own in town on Friday after the reception). Participants are responsible for their own travel and accommodations. Some options are linked directly below:
- USNA VOQ, on Academy grounds$72/day (VQ Suite) or $93/day (Distinguished VQ)
- Call Wade or Kristy at 410-293-3906 or 410-293-4655.
- adjacent to the Annapolis Naval Station, a short drive from the Academy
- 30 rooms available at $70/day.
- Call Liz or Mario at 410-757-7900.
Lowe's Annapolis Hotel
- 126 West Street
O’Callaghan Annapolis Hotel
- 174 West Street, Annapolis
- Government rates are approx $114/day
- Tel 410-263-7700
- Fax 410-990-9529
Country Inn and Suites
- 2600 Housely, Annapolis, a short drive from the Academy
- Government rate is $126/day
- Tel 888-201-1746, 410-571-6700
- Fax 410-571-6777
Historic Inns of Annapolis
- 58 State Circle
- USNA rate is $119/day, Sun - Thur, $149/day, Sat & Sun
- Tel 410-263-2641
Registration is now Closed