This is the official home page for federal civilian employment opportunities at the United States Naval Academy. Our faculty and support staff positions are highly selective. The Naval Academy seeks candidates from all segments of society who:
The United States Naval Academy is a special place, with a special purpose. Those selected for employment will find challenging and rewarding work; state-of-the-art facilities which inspire academic and athletic excellence; the benefits of Federal employment; and exceptional quality of life.
The two main categories of positions hired through the Naval Academy's on-site Human Resources Office (faculty and staff) are listed below. A consolidated list of all USNA supporting organizations with employment opportunities is located here.
Under 10 USC, the United States Naval Academy may appoint faculty and other instructors into the excepted service. The following instructional positions are currently accepting submissions:
- Post-Doctoral Researcher in Experimental Fluid Mechanics- Mechanical Engineering Department
- Assistant Professor of Ocean Engineering-Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering Department
- Mathematics Tutor-Center for Academic Excellence
- Writing Center Tutor - Writing Center
- Instructor of Practical Applications in Materials Science - Engineering and Weapons Department
- Assistant Research Professor in Corrosion, Fatigue, and Fracture
- Associate Library Director for User Services - Library
- Instructor of Practical Application in Environmental Observation and Data Management - Oceanography Department
- Assistant Professor of Statistics - Mathematics Department
Support roles at the Naval Academy are filled through typical competitive federal hiring procedures. The following positions are currently accepting submissions:
Pathways Internship Programs
No Current Vacancies
Student Volunteer Internships
- Student Volunteer Internship Program Information
Additional information about civilian employment in the Department of the Navy may be found here: Department of the Navy, Human Resources Online
The United States Naval Academy is committed to meeting the Department of the Navy's goal to increase Federal Employment of individuals with disabilities. We invite individuals with targeted disabilities to send resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for non-competitive consideration against any of our current or future needs.