Back to top
- Congratulations to the following midshipmen whose research papers are published by professional historical journals:
- Midn Carly Leary, directed by AssoProf. Bogle,
"Making Better Babies: The Early 20thy Century Eugenics Movement in America," in Report: West Point Undergraduate Historical Review, Fall, 2013
- Midn M.C. Tesluk, directed by Capt. Felker,
"U.S. Marine Raider Battalions in World War II," in August 2014 issue of Naval History
- Associate Professor Lori Bogle's lecture was taped and shown on C-SPAN. Congrats! See here.
- Congratulations to Professor Brannon Wheeler who is the co-editor of a recent book, East By Mid-East: Studies in Cultural, Historical and Strategic Connectivities [ Brannon Wheeler and Anchi Hoh ed, Equinox Publication, 2013]. He also just published an entry on "Abu Zayd al-Dabusi" for The Encyclopaedia of Islam--Three edited by Kate Fleet, Gudrun Kramer, Denis Matringer, John Nawas and Everret Rowson, [Brill, 2014]
- Professor Brannon Wheeler was recently interviewed online on Quran manuscripts, details here.
- Professor Richard Abels has a few new publications:
- “’The crimes by which Wulfbald ruined himself with his lord’: The Limits of State Action in Late Anglo-Saxon England.” Reading Medieval Studies 40 (2014; Special issue: Law’s Dominion in the Middle Ages: Essays for Paul Hyams. Ed. David Postles). Pp. 42-53.
- “Cultural Representations of Warfare in the High Middle Ages: The Morgan Picture Bible.” Pp. 13-35 in Crusading and Warfare in the Middle Ages: Realities and Representations. Essays in Honour of John France.” Ed. Simon John and Nicholas Morton. Ashgate Publishing, 2014.
- "The Costs and Consequences of Anglo-Saxon Civil Defence, 878-1066. In John Baker, Stuart Brookes, and Andrew Reynolds (eds), Landscapes of Defence in Early Medieval Europe. Turnhout, Belgium: Brepols, 2013, pp. 195-222
- Professor Mary DeCredico named Honorary Graduate of Class of 2013
- Academic award named after Professor Abels
- Seven History Faculty Members on C-SPAN Book TV
- History Major Midshipman First-Class Christian Heller selected as 2013 Rhodes Scholar
- Naval Academy Grad partners with USNA to launch "A History of the Navy in 100 Objects"