Previous Educational Technology Demos
Epson Vendor Onsite Demo on Interactive Projectors
Interactive projectors are a new technology that can turn any flat surface into an interactive whiteboard on which you can annotate. Epson BrightLink Pro 1430Wi integrates the utility of your whiteboard, projector and interactive display and easily connects to video conferencing equipment. It turns any surface into an interactive area on which you can annotate. Remote participants can use their mobile devices and write to the digital whiteboard in real time. Share notes easily; save, email or print directly - no PC or software required. Just turn it on and start writing with the pens or your fingers. A video presentation of this projector can be accessed at: https://www.youtube.com/
Learning Catalytics Demo
Developed by the Mazur Group at Harvard, Learning Catalytics ( https://learningcatalytics.com/ ) is a new platform for managing the interactive classroom.
Learning Catalytics is an advanced cloud-based student response system that you can use in lieu of clickers (such as TurningPoint and eInstruction clickers) in your class. Instructors push out questions to students via the web and students use their own web-enabled device (laptop, iPhone, iPad, iTouch, Kindle fire, Nook, etc.) to answer the questions.
In addition to multiple-choice questions, you can use Learning Catalytics to ask questions in many open-ended formats, including graphical, numerical, algebraic, or textual questions -- for example, you can ask students to sketch a graph, select a point on an image, highlight a passage, or enter text and instantly generate a word cloud for the class. Learning Catalytics can also use students' responses to automatically and intelligently place students into groups for peer instruction discussions to maximize discussion productivity. You can use Learning Catalytics synchronously -- like you would use clickers in class -- or you can use Learning Catalytics to deliver self-paced or team-based assessments. And since Learning Catalytics is cloud-based, all student response data is automatically aggregated and made available to you (and any support staff you designate) in graphical dashboards so that you can easily monitor the progress of students individually and the class as a whole.
Mimio (http://www.mimio.com/ ), a global leader in interactive teaching technologies, offers a set of powerful interactive teaching tools called MimioClassroom. Their tools can turn an ordinary white board into an interactive white board and record regular dry erase marker notes in full color. Their solutions help facilitate collaborative and engaging interactions among instructors and students.
The MimioClassroom family of products include the following:
- MimioTeach – Instantly turn your ordinary whiteboard into an interactive whiteboard. It enables you to teach interactively with an ordinary whiteboard.
- MimioCature –Captures the notes and drawings made with dry erase markers on your ordinary whiteboard.
- MimioView – Allows you to incorporate document camera images and live videos into your interactive lessons.
- MimioPad – the MimioPad wireless tablet frees you to move about the classroom while teaching with your whiteboard.
- MimioVote – lets you gauge student understanding instantly, at any point during a lesson, with maximum class participation. It simplifies assessment, grading and record-keeping.
- MimioStudio – helps you create multimedia lessons that engage your students.
Learning Objects, Inc. Demo
Learning Objects, Inc.(http://www.learningobjects.com/)is the leader in social software for learning. Their solutions facilitate constructive interactions among students and instructors.
Their main product Campus Pack is an enterprise-scale social learning platform that integrates social media tools such as wikis, blogs, and podcasts into any e-learning environment. Campus Pack engages learners, increases student retention, and allows practitioners easily reach pedagogical goals through implementation of evidence- and problem-based learning.
Student Response Systems ("Clickers") DemosEInstruction (http://www.einstruction.com/) and Turning Technologies (http://www.turningtechnologies.com/) are two major vendors in the Student Response Systems ("Clickers") market.
- Marty Abrahamson from eInstruction will demonstrate the Classroom Performance System, a full featured radio frequency student response system designed to promote classroom interaction and automatically grade quizzes and tests. Students use handheld "clickers" to respond to questions. The system compiles the answers and displays results in a histogram, keeping the students anonymous to each other yet revealing how the class is divided over the question. The system can also be used to quickly administer daily reading quizzes or even tests which are graded automatically by the software.
- Megan Reed from Turning Technologies will be discussing how to engage students in active learning, instantly understand student comprehension, create an interactive lecture environment, and track student performance with a TurningPoint student response system and ResponseCard "clickers". And also the 100% integration with Microsoft® PowerPoint® that easily allows professors to create interactive PowerPoint® presentations that collect real-time responses from students.