The Information Engineering (IE) Department develops, maintains, administers, and enhances Web-accessed Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems supporting Academic, Military, Management and Administrative requirements that are essential to performing the day-to-day operations of the U.S. Naval Academy. We follow a formal software development life cycle for all development work performed. These systems include:
- Recruiting and Marketing - Admissions Information System (AIS) - ERP system for all information on prospective Midshipmen from Initial Contact to Induction.
- Midshipmen Development - Midshipmen Information System (MIDS) - ERP system for all information on Midshipmen from Induction to Graduation and Commissioning.
- Business Administration & Information Management - NAPS Scholastic Tracking & Accountability Record (NSTAR) - ERP system for NAPS Academic, Administrative, Athletic, Medical and Military business functions.
- Business Intelligence - Enterprise Data Store and Warehouse - Institutional Research, Planning and Assessment.
- Institutional Repository - Database Operations and Administration - Enterprise support of institution's Oracle, MySQL and MS Access relational databases.