- About the Library
- Alumni & Visitors' Policies
- 2010 Annual Report (USNA only)
- Borrowing Eligibility
- Computers In Nimitz Library (USNA only)
- Contact Us
- Course Reserves
- Food & Drink Policy
- Gift Policy
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- Library Instruction Room Policy
- Mission and Goals Statements
- Policies Governing the Operation of the Nimitz Library - ACDEANINST 5070.1D (USNA only)
- Reserving Library Rooms (USNA only)
- Staff Listing
- Staff Listing (USNA Only)
- Suggestion Box
- Suggestion Box Responses
About the Library
The Nimitz Library offers comprehensive library services to midshipmen and faculty. Service is also provided to USNA military and civilian staff and their family members, to personnel attached to the other activities of the Annapolis Area Naval Complex, and to local retired faculty members and retired military personnel.
Other residents of the Annapolis community and authorized researchers may make use of the Library's resources under specific circumstances.
For more information contact the Head of Access Serices, Dave Dudek, at 410-293-6943 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nimitz Library, completed in 1973, is named in honor of Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, USN (1885-1966); [FAQs - Images & Biographical Sketch]. A 1905 graduate of the United States Naval Academy, Admiral Nimitz served as Commander-in-Chief, Pacific, during World War II.
Assistance is available for those who need help to enter the Library. Call the Circulation Desk (410-293-6945) to arrange for an escort from a Library staff member.