Accessing library resources from outside the Naval Academy: Faculty and staff may access the Library's web-based resources from outside the Naval Academy.
Click here for the policy and instructions. This link will only work on machines that are connected to the USNA network.
Mobile Access is available to midshipmen, facutly, and staff to full content from two of Nimitz Libraries providers, EBSCOhost and Wilson Web (a total of 20 invidual resources). Login and password are required and may be obtained from the Reference Desk, x3-2420. JSTOR and IEEEXplore also provide mobile access for searching and browsing, however, access to full-text is only available from the Yard.
Several freely available government or university resources may be accessed from anywhere. With the exception of GreenFile and Medline, access these resources from the Electronic Resources and Databases page:
- English Short Title Catalog
- EndNote Web (citation management tool)
- First (Facts on International Relations and Security Trends)
- GreenFile (use this link when off of the Yard)
- Handbook of Latin American Studies (HLAS)
- Homeland Security Digital Library
- Joint Language University
- Medline (use this link when off of the Yard)
- NASA Technical Reports Server
- Navy Knowledge Online (NKO)
- NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information)
- Networked Library of Digital Theses and Dissertations (NLDTD)
- Open Source Center
- WorldCat Online
If you have any questions regarding remote or mobile access, please contact Alexis Linoski.