Mathematics Department winners of Naval Academy-wide awards for excellence
This award recognizes one civilian faculty member each year for excellence in teaching at USNA. The award was renamed in honor of the late Professor Benac in 1998.
- 2003: Professor George C. Nakos
- 1998: Professor Carol G. Crawford
- 1989: Professor Theodore J. Benac
This annual award recognizes one civilian faculty member for excellence in research at USNA.2010:
- 2010: Professor Debbie A. Konkowski
- 2007: Professor W. David Joyner
- 2004: Professor Michael E. Hoffman
- 2002: Professor Geoffrey L. Price
- 1989: Professor Peter A. McCoy
This annual award recognizes one civilian faculty member at the Naval Academy who has exhibited the highest degree of continued service through involvement in administrative and Brigade-support activities which advance and enhance the mission of the Naval Academy.
- 2009: Professor Mark Meyerson
- 2000: Professor James M. D'Archangelo
This annual award recognizes a military faculty member at the Naval Academy whose contributions to the academic, professional, and moral development of midshipmen reflect the highest principles of excellence in education.
- 2001: LCDR Joseph Skufca
- 1982: LCDR (now CDR ret.) Louis J. Giannotti
This annual award recognizes a junior military officer for excellence in teaching at USNA.
- LT Marc Lucas
- Capt. Koichi Takagi
John Smith Award for Distinguished College or University Teaching, awarded by the Maryland/DC/Virginia section of the Mathematical Association of America
Professor George C. Nakos
Henry L. Alder Award for Distinguished Teaching by a Beginning College or University Mathematics Faculty Member, awarded by the Mathematical Association of America
Assistant Professor Sommer Gentry
- 2009 2009: Lester R. Ford Award and the Merten M. Hasse Prize from the Mathematical Association of America
Professor Amy Ksir, Professor Will Traves, and Andy Bashelor
- 2012 George Pólya Award for mathematical exposition
Associate Professor T. S. Michael
- 2014 Halmos-Ford Award from the Mathematical Association of America
Professor Will Traves
- 2015 George Pólya Award for mathematical exposition
Professor David Joyner