The U.S. Naval Academy Museum is home to more than 50,000 artifacts and artworks relating to the history of the U.S. Navy. If you are comfortable handling historic objects, you may wish to offer your services working in the Museum's collections storage area where you will assist with organizing and maintaining the various items that make up our collection. If you would rather work at a computer, volunteers are needed to perform data entry in the Museum's collections database.
Please contact Tracie Logan or call 410-293-3250 to inquire about volunteering in the Curatorial Department.
Some of the current curatorial volunteer projects include:
- Inventorying and storing the museum's historic flag collection
- Organizing the storage area for flat files and prints
- Photographing the collection
- Creating digital images of museum objects using a computer and scanner
- Entering information from paper records into the computer database