News and Events
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
Posted on: January 22, 2013 08:00 EST by Webmaster
- Annual conference call for papers on topics related to Naval Architecture, Marine and Ocean Engineering, including:
- Arctic Offshore Logistics and Shipping
- Emissions Reduction for Tugs, Ferries, and Similar Vessels
- Design, Construction, and Operation of Fishing Vessels
- Ocean Energy
- Technology Transfer Within and Beyond Sectors of the Maritime Industry
- Dates for Extended Abstracts March 23, 2013. Abstracts accepted: April 5, 2013.
- SNAME 2013 Annual Meeting Bellevue, WA, November 6-8.
- Ship Production Symposium Call for Papers
- Abstract deadline, June 3, 2013. Abstracts accepted: June 24, 2013.
- The SailBot 2013 International Robotic Sailing Regatta is a robotic sailing competition historically held in North America in which teams of university and college students compete. The first event, in 2006, was hosted by Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario and inspired by the success of a senior project at the University of British Columbia to build a robotic sailboat, teams have annually competed throughout the US and Canada. The goal is to create an unmanned sailboat that navigates through a variety of challenges with limited, if any, human control. Students are able to use this friendly competition between schools to apply their engineering knowledge in a multi-disciplinary task that requires mechanical, electrical, and software skill to deal with this highly variable environment.
- June 9-13, 2013, Gloucester, MA.
- Arctic Technology Conference 2014: managed by the American Association of Petroleum Geologists, the ATC has issued a Call for Papers in the following topics:
- Geology and Geophysics
- Explorations and Production
- Physical Environment
- Regulatory Environment and Social Responsibility
- Abstract submission deadline is June 13, 2013.
More information here: SNAME's website