Recent Midshipman Research Projects by Faculty Member
- MIDN Minker, '12, "Odontocete Vocal Mimicry"
- MIDN Thompson, '12, "Atlantic bottlenose dolphin whistle responses to shallow water Explosive Ordnance Disposal exercises or UNDETs"
- MIDN King, '12, "constructing a prototype bottom mounted and autonomous recording hydrophone “package” for use in the August 2012 marine mammal monitoring cruise in the Virginia Capes Operating area"
- MIDN Westlund, '11, "Statistical analysis of assumed delphinid voval mimcry encounteres during a playback experiment"
- MIDN Sturzbecher, '10, "Acoustic detection of Atlantic bottlenose dolphin (Tursiops truncatus) vocalizations using AN/SSQ53F sonobuoys modified for autonomys data collection"
- MIDN Ziel and MIDN Howell, '11, "3D GIS and Spatial Analysis of Artifact Locations on the Gun Decks of Vasa"
- MIDN Byers, '10, "The Battle of Attu Island: Mountain Warfare at Sea Level"
- MIDN Jacks, '09, "Historical GIS of the Normandy Invasion (Operation Overlord)"
CAPT Bill Schulz
- MIDN Deckinga, '13, "Mean Layer Depth Calculation and Impact on Ocean Heat Content Analysis"
- MIDN McCleve, '12, "Hyperspectral Sensing in Modern Warfare"
- MIDN Knorr, '11, "Examining Hyperspectral Signatures in a Coastal Environment"
- MIDN McShea, '11, "Hurricane forced sub-inertial coastally trapped wave propagation along the East Coast"