Fourth Class Liberty Privileges
- Town Liberty - When town liberty is granted during Parents' Weekend, midshipmen are authorized liberty within the Tri-City area (Annapolis-Baltimore-Washington, DC). Midshipmen must wear the uniform of the day during town liberty.
- Yard Liberty - When Yard liberty is granted, midshipmen are authorized to visit specified areas or places within the Yard, plus Perry Circle, quarters on County Road near Perry Circle, Arundel Estates officers' quarters, authorized sailing areas, and the USNA Golf Course. Midshipmen must wear the uniform of the day during Yard liberty unless participating in athletic events.
- Taps - At taps all midshipmen shall be in their rooms in their company areas. An accountability inspection will be conducted at taps.
- Meal Formations - At the time(s) specified in the Fourth Class Regiment's Plan of the Day and the Class of 2019 Parent Weekend Schedule, fourth class midshipmen must be in the ranks of their squads for meal formations.
The liberty schedule for the Class of 2019 during Parents' Weekend is as follows:
|Thursday, August 13, 2015|
|Friday, August 14, 2015|
|12:15 p.m.||Town liberty commences after formation.|
|10:00 p.m.||Town liberty expires. Taps.|
|Saturday, August 15, 2015|
|10:30 a.m.||Town liberty commences following the formal parade. Plebes will be dismissed from Bancroft Hall.|
|11:59 p.m.||Town liberty expires. Taps.|
|Sunday, August 16, 2015|
|8:00 a.m.||Town liberty commences.|
|6:00 p.m.||All liberty expires. End of Parents' Weekend for the Class of 2019.|
***Please allow sufficient time when returning to the Naval Academy grounds prior to liberty expiration for traffic delays and potential backups at USNA gates.***
- Automobiles - Midshipmen are authorized to ride in automobiles only when driven by their parents, parents of classmates, officers and civilian faculty, and official USNA sponsors. This privilege commences after the noon meal formation on Friday, August 14, and expires at 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 16, 2015.
- Escorting - Midshipmen Fourth Class are authorized to escort their parents, sponsors, dates and other guests during periods of Yard and town liberty for Parents' Weekend.
- Uniforms - Midshipmen must wear Summer White uniforms while on Yard or town liberty unless participating in athletic events. Midshipmen Fourth Class may not wear civilian clothing at any time.
- Use of Recreation Centers - Midshipmen Fourth Class are authorized to use the Drydock Restaurant facilities in Dahlgren Hall during their Yard and Town liberty periods. Visitors are not allowed in Steerage (Midshipmen food service area in Bancroft Hall).
- Alcoholic Beverages - Midshipmen Fourth Class (regardless of age) are not authorized to consume alcoholic beverages at any time. Guests are reminded that consumption or possession of alcohol inside the Academy grounds is prohibited.