Recent Trident Scholar Classes
Select from the list of Class year.
For detailed abstracts of projects, click here.
The symbol Ψ next to a midshipman's name denotes the recipient of the Trident Scholar Prize for the best Trident Scholar project for that year.
From 1964 to 2013, the award was named the Office of Naval Intelligence Harry E. Ward Trident Scholar Prize. In 2014, the award was renamed the Class of 1979 Trident Scholar Prize.
Accomplishments of Recent Tridents
- Andrea Howard ('15) wins Trident Scholar Prize
- Michael Johnson ('15) presents at the 7th International IEEE EMBS Neural Engineering Conference in Montpellier, France and co-authors conference proceedings
- Zane Markel ('15) leads USNA to win in 2015 CDX (Cyber Defense Exercise) competition
- Fletcher Rydalch ('15) wins Best Undergraduate Presentation in the Measurement and Detection Division at the American Nuclear Society (ANS) Student Conference, April 2015.
- Sam Lacinski ('15) among the awardees for the Outstanding Service Academy Students in Aerospace
- Zane Markel ('15) presented "Building a Machine Learning Classifier for Malware Detection" at WATER 2014, The Second Workshop on Anti-Malware Testing and Research, Oct 23, 2014, Canterbury, UK.
- Brynn Umbach ('14) wins Trident Scholar Prize (USNA) (AUSN)
- Andrew Tresansky ('13) wins Harry E. Ward Prize
- Christopher Galvin ('13) wins high honor
- Andrew Tresansky ('13) wins student award
- Jennifer Jones ('13) wins student award
- Andrew Rydalch ('13) and Christopher Galvin ('13) place at ASME competition