Research and Publications
I am interested in algebra, topology, and combinatorics.
My current research is mainly on multiple zeta
values and related topics. Recent publications:
- (with C. Moen) `Sums of generalized harmonic series,'
(2014), #A46 (11 pp).
- `Quasi-symmetric functions and mod p multiple harmonic sums,'
Kyushu J. Math. 69 (2015), 345-366.
- `Updown categories: generating functions and universal covers,'
Discrete Math. 339 (2016), 906-922; preprint
- `Sums of products of Riemann zeta tails,' Mediterr. J. Math.,
- `Harmonic-number summation identities, symmetric functions,
and multiple zeta values,' Ramanujan J., to appear.
- `On multiple zeta values of even arguments,' preprint
A list of older talks is available, as well as
a full publication list and detailed
research description. Mainly for my own
convenience I have assembled a page of professional
- ``Some Prehistory of Finite Multiple Zeta Values," Workshop on
Multiple Zeta Values, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan, August 22, 2014
- ``Multiple Zeta Values of Even Arguments (and Some Analogous Results),"
USNA Mathematics Colloquium, November 12, 2014
- ``Labeled Posets, Iterated Integrals, and Nested Sums," AMS Special
Session on Iterated Integrals and Applications, Georgetown University,
Washington, DC, March 8, 2015 (slides available).
- ``Sequential Zeta Values," Number Theory Seminar, Max-Planck-Institut
für Mathematik, Bonn, Germany, June 17, 2015
The material above is my own research and a
disclaimer applies to it.