USNA Weather Forecast
A backdoor cold front will push out of Pennsylvania, and through Maryland on Friday. As it passes, scattered showers and thunderstorms are possible Friday afternoon, particularly south and west of Annapolis. Behind the front, high pressure will build resulting in a cooler and drier air mass for Labor Day weekend.
Note: Due to the holiday on Monday, the next forecast will not be issued until Wednesday, 08 September.
Five Day Forecast:
- Friday: Hazy and humid conditions in the morning will give way to partly sunny skies with decreasing humidity and scattered showers in the afternoon. East wind 5-10 mph, gusting to 20 mph in the afternoon. High near 87 oF. Low near 70 oF.
- Saturday: Partly sunny, seasonably cool, and breezy. East wind 8-12 mph, gusting to 20 mph. High: 78-82 oF. Low: 64-68 oF.
- Sunday: Sunny and pleasant. Northeast wind 10-15 mph in the morning and gradually decreasing during the day. High: 78-82 oF. Low: 64-66 oF.
- Labor Day: Mostly sunny and seasonable with increasing humidity. Southeast wind around 5 mph. High: 80-84 oF. Low: 68-72 oF.
- Tuesday: Mostly sunny, warm and humid with a slight chance for afternoon/evening showers or thunderstorms. South wind around 5 mph. High: 82-86 oF. Low: 70-74 oF.
ISSUED: 04 September 2015 at 0715
NEXT FORECAST: 08 September 2015
FORECASTER: Meteorologist A.R. Davies