Back to top
Privacy and Security Notice
- The United States Naval Academy website is provided as a public service
by the United States Naval Academy.
- Information presented on this service not identified as protected by
copyright is considered public information and may be distributed or copied.
Use of appropriate byline, photo, and image credits is requested.
- For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes.
This U.S. Government computer system uses software programs to create summary
statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is
of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and
identifying system performance or problem areas.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available
to all users, software programs are employed to monitor network traffic to identify
unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations and national security
purposes, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage
habits beyond DoD websites. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are
scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records
- Web measurement and customization technologies (WMCT) may be used on this
site to remember your online interactions, to conduct measurement and analysis
of usage, or to customize your experience. Google Analytics (Tier II WMCT .
Multi-session without Personally Identifiable Information (PII)) is one technology
that is used and is enabled by default. The Department of Defense does not use the
information associated with WMCT to track individual user activity on the Internet
outside of Defense Department websites, nor does it share the data obtained through
such technologies, without your explicit consent, with other departments or
agencies. The Department of Defense does not keep a database of information obtained
from the use of WMCT. General instructions for how you may opt out of some of the most
commonly used WMCT is available at
for Google Analytics specifically at
out still permits users to access comparable information or services.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this site
are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse
Act of 1987 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act (18 U.S.C. § 1030).
- If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here,
please forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org.