- Welcome to the Spring Semester! The Spring 2020 (AY20) calendar is posted here.
- New! The Scheduling and Start of Semester Items Notice for Spring 2020 is posted here. All faculty and midshipmen should review this AcDeanNote in its entirety.
- New! The Academic Advising, Preregistration and Registration Notice for Spring 2020 is also posted here. All faculty and midshipmen should review this AcDeanNote in its entirety.
- The Majors Open House Schedule is available here. All 4/C midshipmen are encouraged to attend as many sessions as possible ot learn about our academic majors options so they may make the best, most informed decisions when indicating their majors selections in March 2020.
- The faculty calendar for intersessional information is also available on our website under Calendars & Events > Faculty Calendar . The calendars reflect the recent shift of the faculty calendar.
About the Academic Program
To prepare midshipmen as Naval officers, the Naval Academy’s curriculum blends professional subjects with required and elective courses. Our curriculum has three basic elements:
- Core requirements in engineering, natural sciences, the humanities and social sciences, to ensure that graduates are able to think critically,
- Core academic courses and practical training to teach the leadership and professional skills required of Navy and Marine Corps officers
- An academic major that permits a midshipman to explore a discipline in some depth and prepare for graduate level work.
Have a suggestion?