- Welcome to the Spring 2018 Semester! All faculty, staff and midshipmen should review
- The Final Exam Notice is posted for Spring 2018.
- Faculty and staff are welcome to review notes from the AcDean Staff Meetings [USNA-only] - these notes are generated weekly, then published and archived by the Faculty Senate. The notes contain many reminders, opportunities, and other helpful and informative items.
- The faculty calendar for each academic year with detailed intersessional information is also available on our website under Calendars & Events > Faculty Calendar. The calendars reflect the recent shift of the faculty calendar.
About the Academic Program
To prepare midshipmen as Naval officers, the Naval Academy’s curriculum blends professional subjects with required and elective courses similar to those offered at leading civilian colleges. Our curriculum has three basic elements:
- Core requirements in engineering, natural sciences, the humanities and social sciences, to assure that graduates are able to think critically, solve increasingly technical problems in a dynamic, global environment, and express conclusions clearly.
- Core academic courses and practical training to teach the leadership and professional skills required of Navy and Marine Corps officers.
- An academic major that permits a midshipman to explore a discipline in some depth and prepare for graduate level work.
Have a suggestion?