- Current Academic Calendar - Fall 2016 (AY2017).
- The Start of Semester Items AcDeanNote has been posted. All midshipmen and faculty should review this Notice.
- The Academic Advising/Preregistration/Registration Notice has been posted. All midshipmen and faculty should review this Notice.
- Updated! The X-Period exam schedule is now available online.
- The faculty calendar for each academic year with detailed intersessional information is also available on our website under Calendars & Events > Faculty Calendar. The calendars reflect the recent shift of the faculty calendar.
About the Academic Program
To prepare midshipmen as Naval officers, the Naval Academy’s curriculum blends professional subjects with required and elective courses similar to those offered at leading civilian colleges. Our curriculum has three basic elements:
- Core requirements in engineering, natural sciences, the humanities and social sciences, to assure that graduates are able to think critically, solve increasingly technical problems in a dynamic, global environment, and express conclusions clearly.
- Core academic courses and practical training to teach the leadership and professional skills required of Navy and Marine Corps officers.
- An academic major that permits a midshipman to explore a discipline in some depth and prepare for graduate level work.