Computer Science Department
Information Technology Courses
- IC210 Intro to Computer Science
- IC211 Object-Oriented Programming
- IC220 Computer Architecture and Organization
- IC221 Systems Programming
- IC312 Data Structures
- IC322 Computer Networks
- IT350 Web and Internet Programming
- IT360 Applied Database Systems
- IC411 Operating Systems
- IT430 Computer & Network Security
- IC470 Software Engineering
- IC480 Research Seminar/Capstone
Course Matrix for SIT
Click the above picture to access the full SIT matrix.
Unrestricted ElectivesIn addition to one restricted elective, SIT majors must take at least two other electives from the following:
- Any restricted elective from the above list not already taken as a restricted elective.
- IT460 Human Computer Interaction
- IT470 Enterprise Computing
- IT472 Mobile OS Development
- SI335 Computer Algorithms
- SI413 Programming Languages and Implementation
- SI420 Artificial Intelligence
- SI425 Natural Language Processing
- SI435 Advanced Software Engineering
- SI440 Database Systems
- SI452 Advanced Computer Architecture
- SI455 Advanced Computer Networks
- SI458 High Performance Computing
- SI460 Computer Graphics
- SI462 Advanced Computer Graphics
- SI470 Machine Learning and Data Science
- SI475 Intelligent Robotics
- Any IT 485/486/495/496 course, as long as it is at least 3 credits.
- Any SI 485/486/495/496 course, as long as it is at least 3 credits, and does not have the letter U,V, or W appended (e.g. SI485A is fine but SI485U is not).
Students should expect that not all the courses listed will actually be offered (due to small enrollments). Those students will be expected to select an alternate choice if the course is unavailable.