Center for Teaching and Learning
Pop-up Friday 2017
- December 8: Teaching Portfolios and Teaching Philosophies--An Introduction, Karyn Sproles
- Tuesday!, December 5: Planning a Realistic Winter Break, Karyn Sproles
- December 1: Supporting Academic Leadership”, Karyn Sproles and Blues Baker (Stockdale Center)
- November 17: Life After USNA: A Workshop for Officers – Carol Graser (Executive Career Coach), LCDR Jack Ryan (English),Prof. Ann Vanleer (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- November 3: Positive & Powerful Presentation – A Vocal Seminar, Techniques for cultivating confident, authentic and efficient vocal habits in the workplace --Dr. Madeline Miskie D.M.A., 200 Hour Registered Yoga Teacher. A copy of Dr. Miskie's biography can be found here.
- October 20: How to Run a Meeting--Karyn Sproles
Here is a link to the templates from Boudett and City's Meeting Wise: https://docs.google.com/a/
usna.edu/document/d/1331z3MvDG 40Wf9kgAXS46gM4pD8whSAE7J5ppHX OMBw/edit?usp=sharing.
- October 13: One Book, Many Conversations: A Seminar on George Orwell's1984
- October 6: Flipping Your Classroom--Ric Crabbe, Computer Science
- September 29: YP Cruise--Blues Baker--Meet at the Seawall!
- April 25: Planning a Realistic Summer Break — Karyn Sproles
- April 7: The Science of Scientific Writing" by George Gopen & Judith Swan — Scott Hottovy & Karyn Sproles, Discussion Leader.
- Here is a link to the article: https://cseweb.ucsd.edu/~swanson/papers/science-of-writing.pdf
- March 31: Can your students spot the fake news?: Collaborating with the library in support of information literacy — Catherine Johnson
March 24: Innovation in Technology and Teaching — CDR Brad Baker, Professor Shirley Lin & LtCol Amy McGrath
- March 3: Fulbright Grants — Sharika Crawford & Brad Barrett
- Feb. 24: What's Sleep Got to Do with It? — Dr. Nita Lewis Shattuck, Naval Post Graduate School
- Feb. 17: Integrating Writing Across the Curriculum — Wendy Madden & The Writing Center
- Feb.10: 19 Minutes to Better Teaching — Karyn Sproles, Christine Copper, Matt Hawks, Carolyn Judge, and Kelsy Sagstetter
- Feb. 3: What's New in Educational Technology: A Report from Educause — Julie Zhu
- Jan. 27: High Velocity Learning//Naval Innovation Network — George Yacus
- Jan. 20: How to Connect with Millennial Students — Pippa Marmorstein