Center for Teaching and Learning
Pop-up Friday 2018
- August 6: Getting Ready for the 1st Day of Class, Karyn Sproles
- August 7: Teaching 101: Get the Gouge, Karyn Sproles, Lori Goodenough (Mechanical Engineering Department)
- August 8: Active Learning, Karyn Sproles
- August 9: Creating & Evaluating Quizzes, Tests, and Assignments, Karyn Sproles, Julie Zhu, Maria Koshute
- August 15: How to get Students to do the Reading, Karyn Sproles
- August 13: The Five Best Ways to get Students to Learn, Karyn Sproles
- April 13: Active Learning & Improving Student Outcomes, Nancy Berkowitz, (president, Arbee Associates) and Co.
- March 2: Improving Student Writing: Building on Skills Learned in Plebe English--English Department Faculty
- February 23: Who Are Our Students? What does national data from NSSE tell us about them? Mike Kellermann (Political Science)
- February 16: Writing Effective Mappers, Karyn Sproles
- February 9: Fulbright Grants, Sharika Crawford & Friends
- February 2: Stories from the Civil Rights Movement, Priscilla Zotti (Political Science and Senior Professor for Humanities and Social Science) & Sylvia Jordan (History).
- January 26: How to Have a Difficult Conversation, Karyn Sproles
- January 19: Luce Hall Bridge Simulator (Ground Floor of Luce Hall), 1215-1315 -- Inaugural Ship's Bridge Simulator