Cooperative Learning Workshop
Presented by: Richard Felder and Rebecca Brent
May 13, 2014 from 1300 to 1630
The half day workshop will cover:
- How can students be actively involved in class, even if there are 200 of them in the room?
- What are the defining criteria of cooperative learning and how can they be met?
- What are productive ways to involve students in teams in lecture, laboratory, and project courses?
- What has the research shown regarding the effectiveness of cooperative learning?
- How should cooperative learning teams be formed?
- How can individual contributions to team projects be assessed and taken into account in grading?
- What skills are required to work effectively in teams? How can students be equipped with those skills, and how can teams be prepared to function more effectively?
- What forms might student resistance to group work take and how might the resistance be minimized or eliminated?