Nationals / Competition Team
The Navy Cheerleading Competition Team has been the driving force in making cheerleading the dynamic, athletic, high profile sport it is today. By combining high energy entertainment with traditional USNA leadership, the Navy Cheerleaders are taking the lead to excel within the spirit industry. Selected members of the USNA Cheerleading Squad(s) will have the opportunity to compete at National Championship Events. Our 2014 Competition Team was honored with a National Championship Title at their first cheerleading competition.
Competition Cheerleading is not a program priority but more so a goal . All squads must master game day cheerleading and basic stunt techniques for the primary purpose of supporting the NAAA Varsity Sports programs. All members of the USNA Cheerleading Team will have the opportunity to tryout for our Competition Team.
Minimum requirements to be considered for the Navy Competition Cheerleading Team are as follows:
- Back handspring or above
- Strong stunting skills
- A high caliber of performance presentation.
- Ability to perform at more than one position.
- Being as versatile as possible with stunting groups and partners is a preferred skill.
- Strength, technique and core awareness in stunting technique.
- All members must also be academically SAT and PRT SAT, no exceptions.
- College Nationals require a lot of extra practice, conditioning and focus. If you are selected for the Nationals Team please be prepared for additional practices during weekend liberty time and early morning sessions. GO NAVY!!