Traffic, Parking and Pedestrian Rules
Parking will be provided at the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium for more information please see the Commissioning Week 2018 Parking & Shuttle Info.
- Parking on the Yard is extremely limited. On weekdays, only drivers with Department of Defense identification cards and handicapped tags (please display your handicap placard) will be permitted to park on the Naval Academy grounds.
- Parking restrictions are strictly enforced in red curb zones. Only official vehicles may park by white curbing.
- Speed limit on USNA is 15 miles per hour or as posted.
- All traffic must yield to midshipmen marching in formation and pedestrians in crosswalks.
- Seat belt usage is required at the Naval Academy.
- Drivers may not use a cell phone unless the vehicle is safely parked or the driver is using a hands-free device.
- Earphones may not be worn on the Academy while bicycling or driving a vehicle.
- Roller skating/blading is not allowed on Naval Academy grounds.
- Only service animals may be brought on Academy grounds during Commissioning Week.
- Possession and consumption of alcohol on Academy grounds is prohibited, except at USNA-sponsored events.
- Picnicking on the Naval Academy's ceremonial grounds is prohibited.
- The USNA Cemetery located on Hospital Point should not be used as a transit or viewing area for Commissioning Week events.