Equal Employment Opportunity, 410-293-3558
It is the mission of the United States Naval Academy's EEO office to ensure that all civilian employees are provided equal opportunity to participate in the full range of employment opportunities and achieve to their fullest potential.
Providing equal opportunity in employment for all employees and applicants through clearly defined Human Resources (HR) and EEO policies and programs gives us the foundation we need to proactively prevent discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability; and prohibit acts of reprisal. Our managers and supervisors share responsibilities with our EEO and HR personnel for successful policy and program implementation so that we can promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through continuing affirmative programs that are efficient, responsive, and legally compliant.
GoalsIn addition to the fundamental requirements of equality of opportunity, discrimination-free-workplace and strong program to accomplish both, current goals for the DON EEO Program include working proactively to ensure:
- A workforce that is representative of the nation we serve by the elimination of any barriers to equality of opportunity.
- Provide ongoing assessments of the Naval Academy's EEO programs to maintain the highest level of effectiveness and efficiency. Ensure the Naval Academy's EEO program is in alignment with the overall DON EEO Program strategic goals and objectives.
- Provide full employment of people with disabilities, to include our Wounded Warriors.
Policies and Procedures
- Check out our latest EEO Poster!
- A complaint must be brought forward to an EEO Counselor at the USNA EEO Office within 45 calendar days of the alleged discrimination, the effective date of the personnel action involved, or the date you knew or reasonably should have known of the discriminatory event or personnel action.
- See this brochure for more information regarding filing a formal or informal complaint.
- Reasonable accommodation is a change in the work environment or in the way things are customarily done that would enable an individual with a disability to enjoy equal employment opportunities.
- See this brochure on reasonable accommodation for more information.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Brochure
- 2021 Workplace Anti-Harassment Policy Statement
- 2021 Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- 2021 Policy on Sexual Harassment
- Reasonable Accommodation Procedures
- DON Personal Assistance Services Procedures
***Halligan Hall Access Notice: Please contact our EEO staff in advance (see staff listing to the left) if you require special accommodations.***