Capstone Design Project Guidance is a document which contains general instruction on course conduct, to include a course overview, instructions pertaining to course material storage, and a description of team roles. Most importantly, it contains specific guidance for each of the reviews listed below, including rubrics for both the presentation and the report. Between this document, the text book, and example materials, students should have a clear idea of what is expected, how to earn the desired grade, and how to provide the customer with the professional documentation that they require.
Each course conducts three reviews each semester
- System Requirements Review (SRR) - Presentation - Report
- Preliminary Design Review (PDR) - Presentation - Report
- Embodiment Design Review (EDR) - Presentation - Report
- Prototype Demonstration (PD)
- Progress Update Review (PUR)
- Final Design Review (FDR)