David PoynorLT, United States Navy Military Instructor
Education & Training:
- Navy Intelligence Officer Basic Course, Navy & Marine Corps Intelligence Training Center (VA). September, 2014
- M.A., Experimental Psychology, University of South Carolina. December, 1999
- M.A., English: Composition and Rhetoric, University of South Carolina. August, 1996
- B.A., Psychology (with English Second Teaching Field), Wheaton College (IL). May, 1993
Other Intelligence-Related Training:
- Certificate: Asymmetric Warfare: The Analysis of Armed Groups. Joint Military Intelligence Training Center, DIA. April 2014.
- FBI Citizens Academy, Columbia, SC. Summer 2012.
- Self-Directed Learning: Military Intelligence. Summer 2011.
Academic Publications and Presentations:
- Poynor, David V. & Morris, Robin K. (2003). Inferred goals in narratives: Evidence from self-paced reading, recall, and eye movements. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition 29, 3.
- Schmauder, A.R., Morris, R.K., & Poynor, D.V. (2000). Lexical processing and text integration of function and content words: Evidence from priming and eye fixations. Memory and Cognition 28, 1098.
- Cutting, J. C., Bezuidenhout, A., Robinson, K., & Poynor, D. (1998). Literal meaning and the concurrent pragmatic processing model. Paper presented at autumn meeting of the Linguistics Association of Great Britain, University of Luton, Luton, England.