Influence the Influencers
The Stockdale Center Influence the Influencer initiative aims to strengthen leadership competencies for USNA key influencers as they invest in the Brigade of Midshipmen. We offer a variety of inspirational leadership opportunities free to you due to generous contributions from others who value your contribution to the development of midshipmen. The goal is to support you as you fulfill the Naval Academy’s mission. Bottom line: Leaders grow leaders.
Here are some of our offerings:
- Leadership Books – We provide books to you and your colleagues on a variety of leadership themes. Our inventory includes such titles as Can I Have Your Attention, Grit, Team of Teams, Leading at a Higher Level, The One Minute Manager, Heroic Leadership, The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, and The Courageous Follower.
- Gallup StrengthsFinder Leadership Inventory & Workshop – The StrengthsFinder is a web-based assessment identifying your signature leadership strengths and dominant talents. The more dominant the talent, the greater the opportunity for strength. We offer the assessment both individually and for leadership teams.
- Meet the Fleet – Faculty, coaches, and civilian staff travel to Hampton Roads, VA, in order to visit fleet units as well as Quantico, VA, to experience Marine Corps training.
- Volgenau Honor, Courage and Commitment Seminar Series – Spring and fall leadership luncheons have featured nationally known speakers such as Dr. Ken Blanchard author of The One Minute Manager, Mr. Billy Hurley, USNA graduate and PGA Tour Pro, Mr. Sean Stackley, former Acting Secretary of the Navy, and Mr. Bill Kraus, co-founder Mission BBQ.
- Leadership at Sea Experience – Using resources at USNA, develop leadership and team skills aboard a Yard Patrol Craft, Sailboat, and USNA Bridge Simulator – Steer the vessel under the experienced guidance of sailing coaches and Surface Warfare specialists. This is great opportunity to advance your leadership confidence and develop teamwork.
- National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) - Custom Education Leadership Expedition for USNA coaches, faculty and staff. This wildly successful program continues with multiple expeditions in the summer of 2019.
- National Leadership Courses - for coaches such as Rapport Leadership Breakthrough and for faculty such as American Council on Education Leadership Academy for Department Chairs, and Aspen Institute Wye Faculty Seminar.
- Leadership Consultation & Coaching – Individual consultation for you or your staff by experienced Leadership Coach graduates from Approved Coach Training Program (ACTP) and certified by the International Coach Federation (ICF).
- Executive Education Scholarships - Open Enrollment Programs at Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management, Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies, UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School, and Center for Creative Leadership. Current executive education courses for 2018/2019 include: Constructive Collaboration: Driving Performance in Teams, Organizations and Partnerships, Leading Into the Future: Managing in a Changing World, and The Sphere of Leadership.
Alan T. “Blues” Baker Ali “Durka” Ghaffari
Rear Admiral, CHC, USN (Ret.) Lieutenant Commander, USN
Director of Influencer Development Associate Director
Stockdale Center for Ethical Leadership Stockdale Center for Ethical Leadership
This is a link to the downloadable request form
This is a link to the After Action Report google form.