Influence the Influencers
The Stockdale Center for Ethical Leadership’s Influence the Influencer initiative strengthens the leadership competency and confidence of USNA faculty, coaches, and staff as they lead, teach and develop the Brigade of Midshipmen. This initiative offers a variety of inspirational leadership opportunities to these key influencers due to the generosity and commitment of visionary contributors who value the role of faculty, coaches, and staff in advancing the mission of the Naval Academy.
Bottom line: Leaders grow leaders
Here are some of our offerings:
1. Stockdale Center Associate Fellows Program – Beginning in 2019, the Stockdale Center will launch an internal leadership development program tailored for our staff, faculty and coaches, using a combination of online delivery, guest speakers, experiential opportunities and cohort special projects.
2. Executive Leadership Development Courses – Key influencers attend leadership courses at the finest graduate schools and institutes, including Northwestern Kellogg, Harvard, Stanford, and the Center for Creative Leadership
3. Naval Academy Influencer Expedition National Outdoor Leadership School (NAIE NOLS) – Custom Education Leadership Expeditions are available for USNA coaches, faculty and staff. This well-received program continues with three expeditions in the summer of 2019.
4. Volgenau Honor, Courage & Commitment Seminar Series – These Spring and Fall leadership luncheons include midshipmen, faculty, coaches, and staff at one event. Past lunches featured nationally known speakers such as Dr. Ken Blanchard author of The One Minute Manager, Mr. Billy Hurley, USNA graduate and PGA Tour Pro, Mr. Simon Sinek, author of Start with Why, and Mr. Bill Kraus, co-founder of Mission BBQ.
5. Leadership Consultation, Coaching & Associations – Individual consultation for key influencers in partnership with experienced Leadership Coach graduates from Approved Coach Training Program (ACTP) and certified by the International Coach Federation (ICF).
6. Experiential Leadership Development – Coaches, faculty, and staff have the opportunity to be a helmsman aboard a Yard Patrol Craft, sail a NAVY 44, experience Quantico’s USMC leader reaction course, or fly an F/A-18 simulator. USNA’s key influencers quickly learn leadership lessons through one-of-a-kind experiences in the fleet.
7. Gallup StrengthsFinder Leadership Inventory & Workshop –StrengthsFinder is a popular web-based assessment identifying signature leadership talents. Stockdale Center offers the assessment both individually and for leadership teams through a cadre of Gallup-certified StrengthsFinder coaches.
8. Professional Leadership Books and Periodicals – The Influence the Influencer initiative provides books to key influencers on a variety of leadership themes. Leadership titles include Can I Have Your Attention, Grit, Team of Teams, Leading at a Higher Level, The One Minute Manager, Heroic Leadership, Mindset, and The Five Dysfunctions of a Team.
For more information, please contact:Alan T. “Blues” Baker, Rear Admiral, CHC, USN (Ret.) Ali “Durka” Ghaffari, LCDR, USN
Director of Influencer Development Associate Director
Stockdale Center for Ethical Leadership Stockdale Center for Ethical Leadership
firstname.lastname@example.org; 410-293-6077 email@example.com; 410-293-1638