Center for Teaching and Learning
- Faculty Performance Expectations: Practical Guidance Brochure
- Academic Dean and Provost Instruction 1582: Course Policy and Syllabus Content
- Yu, Maochun Miles, Timothy Disher, and Andrew T. Phillips. “Educating Warriors: Globally Engaged and Culturally Aware.” Liberal Education. Spring 2010, vol. 96, No 2
- “Academic SUCCESS Handbook.” USNA Center for Academic Success
- “Innovative Practices for Engage Learning.” Karyn Sproles, USNA Center for Teaching and Learning
- “Brief Bibliography on the State of the Art of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education.” Karyn Sproles, USNA Center for Teaching and Learning
- Christy Price, “Why Don’t My Students Think I’m Groovy?: The New “R”s for Engaging Millennial Learners” in Millennial Traits and Teaching.
- Barr, Robert B. and John Tagg. “From Teaching to Learning: A New Paradigm for Undergraduate Education.” Change November/December 1995, 13-25.
- Terry Doyle. “Getting Students to Do the Work.” Learner-Centered Teaching: Putting the Research on Learning into Practice. Stylus Publishing, 2011. 21-49.
- Nimitz Library Services
- Help Information
- Video-based Peer Reviewed Journal
- McMurtrie, B. (November 14, 2019). "'Brilliant’ Philosophers and ‘Funny’ Psychology Instructors: What a Data-Visualization Tool Tells Us About How Students See Their Professors." The Chronicle of Higher Education. Retrieved from https://www.chronicle.com
- Flaherty, C. (September 9, 2019). "The Dangers of Fluent Lectures." Inside Higher Ed. Retrieved from https://www.insidehighered.com
- Flaherty, C.(December 9, 2019). "Busting Student Eval Myths?" Inside Higher Ed. Retrieved from https://www.insidehighered.com
Articles on Student Bias
- Boring, A, Ottoboni, K. & Start P. B. (January 07, 2016). "Student evaluations of teaching (mostly) do not measure teaching effectiveness." ScienceOpen Research. Retrieved from https://www.scienceopen.com
- Flaherty, C. (January 11, 2016). "Bias Against Female Instructors." Inside Higher Ed. Retreieved from https://www.insidehighered.com/
- Gannon, K. (2018). In Defense (Sort of) of Student Evaluations of Teaching. The Chronicle of Higher Education.
- MacNell L, Driscoll A. & Hunt, A.N. (2015). What’s in a Name: Exposing Gender Bias in Student Ratings of Teaching. Innovative Higher Education, Vol 40, 291–303.
- Mason, M.A. & Goulden M. (2004). Do Babies Matter (Part II)? Closing the Baby Gap. Academe, Vol. 90, No. 6, pp. 10-15.
- Mason, M.A. & Goulden M. & Frasch K. (2011). Keeping Women in the Science Pipeline. The Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science. Vol. 638, pp. 141-162.
- Nelson, D. J. & Rogers, D. C. (2005). A National Analysis of Diversity in Science and Engineering Faculties at Research Universities. Political Science.
- Rebecca J. Kreitzer & Jennie Sweet-Cushman (2021). Evaluating Student Evaluations of Teaching: a Review of Measurement and Equity Bias in SETs and Recommendations for Ethical Reform. Journal of Academic Ethics
- Smith, D., Rosenstein, J.E. & Nikolov, M.C. (May 25, 2018). "The Different Words We Use to Describe Male and Female Leaders." Harward Business Review. Retrieved from https://www.hbr.org.
- Stout, P.A., Staiger, J. & Jennings, N.A. (2007). Affective Stories: Understanding the Lack of Progress of Women Faculty, NWSA Journal, Vol. 19, pp.124-144.
Articles on Remote Teaching
- Israel Galindo, A Guide to Online Course Design and Instruction: A self-directed guide for creating an effective online course.
- Joan Thormann & Isa Kaftal Zimmerman, The Complete Step-by-Step Guide to Designing and Teaching Online Courses.
- Judith V. Boettcher & Rita-Marie Conrad, The Online Teaching Survival Guide: Simple and Practical Pedagogical Tips. 2nd Edition.
- Elizabeth Stone. How to Overcome Classroom Zoom Fatigue
- Marina Arshavskiy, Instructional Design for ELearning: Essential guide to creating successful eLearning courses.
- Marjorie Vai & Kristen Sosulski, Essentials of Online Course Design: A Standards-Based Guide (2nd Edition).
- Online 2.0: How to Lead a Large-Scale Transformation of Virtual Learning, June, 2020. The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Robin M. Smith, Conquering the Content: A Blueprint for Online Course Design and Development (Jossey-Bass Guides to Online Teaching and Learning) 2nd Edition
- Susan Ko & Steve Rossen. Teaching Online: A Practical Guide (4th edition).
- Tina Stavredes, A Guide to Online Course Design: Strategies for Student Success.