What is Tegrity?
Tegrity is a powerful lecture capture system that can capture instructor audio and any information presented through a computer, a laptop (including tablet), and peripheral devices such as a document camera. The resulting files would be available for student use via the Web. Students can review the entire recorded course session, review certain chapters of the recording, or search and review a specific piece of information. This system is most beneficial for faculty who teach using a computer as a teaching tool to present information.
- Main Features
- Manual Start/Stop/Pause Option
- Centralized content management (email, delete, archive, and control viewing of lectures)
- Various capture options (voice, video and visual)
- Capture full motion screen activity (e.g., handwriting/annotation)
- Presentation editing (Remove sections, edit chapters)
- Automatic Web publishing
- Webcasting, Podcasting and Cellcasting audio and video
- Publish to CD/DVD
- Integration with Blackboard
- Indexed output for thumbnail navigation
- Automatic content indexing and cataloguing
- Metadata and Full text search (by words and phrase)
- Measurement and reporting capabilities
USNA Tegrity Trial
Since fall of 2007, a total of 88 faculty members from various disciplines and departments using Tegrity in 315 courses with more than 10,500 midshipmen enrolled. From AY2010 to AY2015, a total of 6,828 recordings (4,872 hours) was produced by faculty and staff. These recordings were viewed by students 36,137 times (9,608 hours); and the recordings were downloaded 5,027 times. In AY2015, a total of 1,190 recordings (834 hours) was produced which were viewed 5,190 times (1,371 hours) and downloaded 271 times.
Surveys were conducted at the end of each semester to evaluate faculty and student experiences with Tegrity. The majority of trial faculty and students that participated in the survey suggested that the system helped enhance their teaching and learning processes. Major advantages of the system mentioned include the following: the system allowed faculty to review their own performance and improve their teaching, motivated faculty to be more prepared for classes, helped reach more students who missed classes for various reasons, allowed students to review course content on-demand, etc.Go to Top
The Center for Teaching and Learning will demo the use of Tegrity at the following dates/times in Mahan 220. Please see CTL Educational Technology Demos Sign-up Form to sign up for the demo.
- Wednesday, 12 Sep., 2018, 1200-1300
- Wednesday, 10 Oct., 2018, 1200-1300
- Wednesday, 7 Nov., 2018, 1200-1300
- Wednesday, 30 Jan., 2019, 1200-1300
- Wednesday, 27 Feb., 2019, 1200-1300
- Wednesday, 27 Mar., 2019, 1200-1300