Acceptable use policy for USNA IT resources
The USNA mission network is a U.S. Government (USG) information system (IS). By accessing a USG IS, the user gives consent to conditions on government-authorized use specified in the Navy User Agreement and Notice and Consent Provisions. This agreement applies tor all IT services including cloud services accessed from a web browser on a mobile device in any location.
A user shall comply with all DOD/DON/USNA policies on use of IT resources, and:
- Must use information technology resources only for authorized education, research, and administrative activities in support of the Naval Academy mission.
- Must remain aware of the licensing terms and conditions of all software they use.
- Must permit system access for vulnerability scanning and remediation.
- Must use official email distribution lists only for mission-related purposes that are germane to the list.
- Must NOT participate in any behavior that unreasonably interferes with the fair use of IT resources by another (e.g., bandwidth or disk space consumption).
- Must NOT use images or graphics that reflect adversely on the Naval Academy, including personal images associated with contracted USNA cloud services.
- Must NOT override a displayed persona identity (display name) formatted in accordance with DOD/DON/USNA policy.
- Must NOT remove or disable client software required for network access control or vulnerability scanning and remediation.
- Must NOT use IT resources for illegal or unethical purposes, including:
Possessing, copying, or using illegal software.
Destruction or damage to Naval Academy or personal resources.
Disruption or unauthorized monitoring of communications.
Harassment of others.
Dishonesty (plagiarism, cheating, using false identity).
Violation of another individual's privacy.
Violation of copyright and fair use laws.
Violation of licensing agreements.
Any use whose intended purpose is financial gain.