International Programs Office
To enhance the globalization of midshipman education by seeking and creating opportunities that contribute to midshipman knowledge regarding strategically important geographic regions and proficiency in foreign languages as defined by Navy leadership.
- The Naval Academy currently has 11 international officers from 10 countries who serve as members of the faculty.
- Additionally, there are 58 international midshipmen from 27 countries participating in the 4-year international student program.
- This year there will be 28 semester exchange students from 11 countries.
- For Academic Year 2022, 437 midshipmen engaged in international foreign language and cultural awareness opportunities. Our goal is to provide opportunities for 500 midshipmen per year.
- During this past academic year, there were over 150 international students that participated in student-led conferences and professional orientation programs at USNA.
The International Programs Office will serve as the focal point for information and coordination of all international engagements related to the Faculty, Staff, and Midshipmen with official travel to international locations. Services performed by the office include:
- Processing Official U.S. Passports and Country Visas
- Country Clearance Messages Submission
- Official Foreign Travel Screenings
- Travel and NATO Orders Preparation
- Coordination with U.S. Embassy locations as required.
"The security, prosperity, and vital interests of the United States are increasingly coupled to those of other nations."
Have a suggestion?