To enhance the globalization of midshipman education by seeking and creating opportunities that contribute to midshipman knowledge regarding strategically important geographic regions and proficiency in foreign languages as defined by Navy leadership.
- The Naval Academy currently has 10 international officers from 9 countries who serve as members of the faculty. Additionally, there are 56 international midshipmen from 30 countries participating in the 4-year international student program.
- During this past academic year, there were 155 international midshipmen that participated in student-led conferences and professional orientation programs at USNA.
- This year there will be 31 semester exchange students from 12 countries, the most since the program began in 2006.
- For Academic Year 2018, 245 midshipmen engaged in international foreign language and cultural awareness opportunities. Our goal is to provide opportunities for 500 midshipmen per year. This included engagement with 35 counterpart naval academies.
- Processing Official U.S. Passports and Country Visas
- Country Clearance Messages Submission
- Official Foreign Travel Screenings
- Travel and NATO Orders Preparation
- Coordination with U.S. Embassy locations as required.
"The security, prosperity, and vital interests of the United States are increasingly coupled to those of other nations."