Department of Leadership, Ethics, and Law
W. Brad Johnson, Ph. D.
Professor of Psychology
- Phone: (410) 293-6545
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department of Leadership, Ethics, Law Luce Hall (Mail Stop 7-B) 112 Cooper Road Annapolis, MD 21402
W. Brad Johnson is Professor of psychology in the Department of Leadership, Ethics and Law at the United States Naval Academy, and a Faculty Associate in the Graduate School of Education at Johns Hopkins University.
A clinical psychologist and former Lieutenant Commander in the Navy's Medical Service Corps, Dr. Johnson served at Bethesda Naval Hospital and the Medical Clinic at Pearl Harbor where he was the division head for psychology.
He is a recipient of the Johns Hopkins University Teaching Excellence Award, as well as distinguished mentoring awards from the National Institutes of Health and the American Psychological Association. Dr. Johnson is the author of numerous publications including 130 journal articles and book chapters, and13 books, in the areas of mentoring, professional ethics, and counseling. His most recent books include:
- The Elements of Mentoring (3rd ed., 2018) St. Martin’s Press
- Athena Rising: How and Why Men Should Mentor Women (2016) Bibliomotion
- On Being a Mentor: A Guide for Higher Education Faculty (2nd ed., 2015) Routledge
- The Oxford Handbook of Education and Training in Professional Psychology (2014) Oxford University Press
- The Ethics Desk Reference for Counselors (2nd ed., 2014) American Counseling Association
- The Minister’s Guide to Psychological Disorders and Treatments (2nd ed., 2014) Routledge
- Ethical Conundrums, Quandaries, and Predicaments in Mental Health Practice (2011) Oxford University Press
- The Elements of Ethics for Professionals (2008) St. Martins Press
- The Ethics Desk Reference for Psychologists (2008) American Psychological Association
- Becoming a Leader the Annapolis Way (2004) McGraw Hill