Links on this page are to individual finding aids. To search across all archive finding aids, please go to the Archive Collection Finding Aids page.
RG 405.3.1 General Records
- Entry 151a: Commandant's Subject Files, 1972-1991 (bulk 1972-1984, 1991)
- The Commandant's Subject Files, comprising 94.77 linear feet of documentation, span from 1972 to 1991, with a bulk of the material falling between the years 1972 to 1984, and a separate series from 1991. The materials pertain to the administration of military and civilian personnel, training, security, and discipline among other subjects.
- Entry 151b: Commandant's Office Files, 1950-1994
- The Commandant's Office Files, comprising 12.95 linear feet of documentation, span from 1950 to 1994. The materials consist of correspondence, reports, schedules and minutes, messages, reading and study files, and speeches that pertain to various subjects related to Academy organization, and the administration of Academy supply, civilian and military staff, midshipmen, training, and policy.
- Entry 151c: Commandant's Published Documents, 1908-2008
- The Commandant's Published Documents, comprising 10 linear feet of documentation, spans from 1908 to 2008, with the bulk of materials from 1929 to 2008. The materials consist of guides, manuals, programs, regulations, instructions and notices, orders, schedules, bulletins, and directories. The documents pertain to various subjects related to midshipmen, faculty and staff, military training and organization, and professional education.
- Entry 151d: Watch Logs and Reports, 1845-2016
- The Commandant's Watch Logs and Reports, comprising 47.26 linear feet of documentation, span from 1845 to 2016. The logbooks and reports serve as formal documentation of the Naval Academy’s Watch Organization, an official watch stander body comprising commissioned naval officers and midshipmen responsible for ensuring safety, security, and good order and discipline at the Naval Academy.
- Entry 151e: Conduct and Honor Records, 1918-2011
- The Commandant's Honor and Conduct Records, comprising 9.63 linear feet of documentation, span from 1918 to 2011. The records consist of reports, logbooks, orders and notices, instructions, memoranda, and correspondence. The records document midshipmen separated from the Naval Academy for aptitude, conduct, and honor-related infractions. The logbooks record honor and conduct infractions committed by midshipmen as reported by other midshipmen, Naval Academy military personnel, and faculty and staff. Also included is substantial material, including reports, studies, and surveys, relating to the evolution of the Naval Academy's Honor Concept and System, as well as various material documenting the investigation of the 1992 Electrical Engineering Exam (EE-311) compromise.
RG 405.3.2 Records of the Office of Professional Development
- Entry 165: General Correspondence of the Summer Practice Cruise, 1910
- This series contains general correspondence of the summer practice cruise in 1910.
- Entry 166: General Correspondence of the Summer Practice Cruise, 1911
- This series contains general correspondence of the summer practice cruise in 1911.
- Entry 167: General Correspondence of the Summer Practice Cruise, 1914
- This series contains general correspondence of the summer practice cruise of 1914 and includes correspondence of Practice Squadron Commander Captain William F. Fullam.
- Entry 180a: Division of Professional Development: SSIC Subject Files, 1964-1987
- The Division of Professional Development's Subject Files, comprising 28 linear feet, span from 1964 to 1987. The materials pertain to academic curricula, administration of civilian faculty, military personnel and material, training, and extra-curricular activities among other subjects. Also included is a series of reference reading files for the division.
RG 405.3.3 Records of the Office of Midshipmen Activities
- Entry 181a: Naval Academy Foreign Affairs Conference General File, 1959-1987
- General files pertaining to the annual Naval Academy Foreign Affairs Conference for the years 1959-1987.
- Entry 182a: Records Relating to the Masqueraders, 1867-2001
- Records relating to the midshipman theater group, the Masqueraders, dating through 2001.
- Entry 183d: Miscellaneous Midshipmen Publications, 1898-1981
- Miscellaneous publications produced by the Brigade of Midshipmen for the years 1898-1981.