LCDR Ethan Lust, USN, P.E.
Junior Permanent Military Professor
Mechanical Engineering Department
United States Naval Academy
590 Holloway Road
Annapolis, MD 21402-5042
410 293 6503
University of Maryland, In-Progress
Doctor of Philosophy, Mechanical Engineering
Dissertation: "The Influence of Surface Gravity Waves on Marine Current Turbine Wake Turbulence"
U.S. Naval War College, 2011
Master of Arts, National Security and Strategic Studies, with Highest Distinction
University of Maryland, 2008
Master of Science, Mechanical Engineering
The Pennsylvania State University, 2001
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering
Horizontal Axis Marine Current Turbine Performance
Turbine Wake Visualization
Junior Permanent Military Professor, U.S. Naval Academy (Jun 2011 - Present)
- Senior Capstone Design Coordinator (Aug 2011 - Present)
Fleet Watch Officer, USNAVCENT (Aug 2010 – Jun 2011)
Instructor, U.S. Naval Academy (Jun 2007 – Aug 2010)
Naval Aviator, U.S. Navy (Dec 2001 – Jun 2007)
- NATOPS Officer Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron TWO-EIGHT (Mar 2003 – Jun 2007)
William P. Clements Teaching Excellence Award Nominee, 2012, 2013
McGinnis Family Award Nominee for Superior Academic Achievement, Annapolis Joint Professional Military
Education, Phase 1, USNWC, 2010
- Luznik, L., Flack, K.A., Lust, E.E., and Taylor, K., "The effect of surface waves on the performance characteristics of a model tidal turbine", Renewable Energy, vol. 58(0), pp. 108-114, 2013.
- Lust, E.E., Luznik, L., Flack, K.A., Walker, J.M., and Van Benthem, M.C., "The influence of surface gravity waves on marine current turbine performance", International Journal of Marine Energy, vol. 3–4(0), pp. 27-40, 2013.
- Walker, JM and Flack, K and Lust, EE, Schultz, MP and Luznik, L, “Experimental and numerical studies of blade roughness and fouling on marine current turbine performance”, Renewable Energy, 66 (June 2014) pp. 257-267. doi:10.1016/j.renene.2013.12.012 ISSN 1879-0682 (2014)