Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering
CAPT David J. Robillard, USN, PhD, PE
Permanent Military Professor
- Phone: 410-293-6435
- Fax: 410-293-2219
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Chauvenet 347
- Ph.D., University of Florida, 2009.
- M.E., Coastal and Oceanographic Engineering, University of Florida, 1996.
- M.B.A., University of Rhode Island, 1994.
- B.S., Ocean Engineering, United States Naval Academy, 1988.
- Dept of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, U.S. Naval Academy, Permanent Military Professor, 2009 – present
- United States Navy
- Public Works Officer/Facility Engineer/Officer in Charge of Construction for Navy Installations in New Jersey, NAES, Lakehurst, N.J., 2004-2006.
- Commanding Officer, Underwater Construction Team ONE, Norfolk, VA., 2002-2004.
- Officer in Charge, NAVFAC Atlantic Division Engineering Command Construction Office, Caribbean Area, Naval Station Roosevelt Roads, Puerto Rico, 1999-2002.
- Engineering Officer, NAVSEA Navy Experimental Diving Unit, Panama City, FL, 1996-1999.
- Production Officer, Assistant Resident Officer in Charge of Construction, Naval Education and Education and Training Center, Newport, R.I., 1991-1995.
- Surface/Special Operations Division Officer Tour: USS Exultant (MSO-441) First Lieutenant and Supply, Charleston SC.[**Deployed on USS Leader (MSO-490) in support of Operation Desert Shield and Operation Desert Storm – 1991], 1989-1991
Professional Memberships & Registration
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Georgia (Civil)
- Qualified Unrestricted Line Surface Warfare Officer
- Qualified Seabee Combat Warfare Officer
- Qualified Navy Salvage Diving Officer
- Mine Countermeasure Evaluator
- Certified FHWA Underwater Bridge Inspection Team Leader
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society
- Sigma Xi Research Honor Society
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Meritorious Service Medal (3 Awards)
- Navy Commendation Medal with Combat “V” Distinguishing Device
- Navy Commendation Medal (Four Awards)
- Navy Achievement Medal (Two Awards)
Professional & Community Service
- USNA Research Council Committee member, 2012-present
- USNA New Faculty Orientation Coordinator, 2011-present
- Faculty Senate Academic Affairs Subcommittee member, 2010-present
- Midshipman Summer Internship Department Coordinator, 2009-2011