The Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences Department seeks applicants for a tenure-track Assistant Professor (Atmospheric Science/Meteorology)
POSTED ON: Monday, September 27, 2021 9:13 AM by Alexander R. Davies
The Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences Department invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor in the field of Atmospheric Science or Meteorology to begin in the fall 2022 semester. The successful candidate will teach introductory and upper level meteorology and atmosphere-ocean dynamics courses at the undergraduate level, along with elective courses that are commensurate with their research interests and the needs of the Oceanography Department. Teaching load is typically three courses per semester with small section sizes and two to three preps per year.
We seek an early-career scholar with a proven peer-reviewed publication and research record in atmospheric science, meteorology, or a closely related discipline, and who engages in cross-disciplinary collaborative research. Special consideration will be given to candidates whose research utilizes large gridded datasets and/or model output, however all strong applicants will be considered. The successful candidate will be expected to establish and maintain an active research agenda, ideally complementing and extending existing areas of departmental expertise, and engaging Midshipmen through mentorship and scholarship.
- A Ph.D. in Atmospheric Science, Meteorology, or a closely-related discipline (anticipated completion of Ph.D. no later than June 2022 is acceptable).
- A commitment to undergraduate education with the aptitude and academic background to successfully teach, develop, and improve introductory and upper level meteorology and dynamics courses at the undergraduate level, in addition to upper level elective courses.
- Demonstrated peer-reviewed publication and research record in atmospheric science, meteorology, or a closely related discipline.
- Experience coding in MATLAB, Python, or a related language.
- Candidates with research focus in atmospheric dynamics, meteorology and related disciplines.
For information about the position and application instructions, the U.S. Naval Academy, and the Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences Department, click here: https://www.usna.edu/HRO/jobinfo/Tenure-track-Oceanography-AY22.php
Applications will be reviewed beginning 01 November 2021, but the position will remain open until filled.