Follow the Band
The United States Naval Academy Band has been exploring new and exciting media outlets. Social media have allowed us to reach more of our fans, and enabled us to bring the story of Navy Music to followers around the world.
In an effort to be more efficient, cost-conscious, and environmentally friendly, our Serenade newsletter, formerly a printed version that was mailed to our patrons quarterly, is now the Serenade Blog. This enables our members to post articles more frequently, and embed audio and video into the story, keeping you more up-to-date with the latest happenings of the Navy’s Oldest and Finest Band.
The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Department of Defense of the linked web sites, or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) sites, the United States Department of Defense does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations.
All links are provided consistent with the mission of this Web site.
- While these links are to open forums, they are also family-friendly, so please keep all comments and wall posts clean. In addition to keeping it family-friendly, we ask that you follow our posting guidelines here. Comments and posts that do not follow these guidelines will be removed:
- We do not allow graphic, obscene, explicit or racial comments or submissions, nor do we allow comments that are abusive, hateful, or intended to defame anyone or any organization.
- We do not allow solicitations or advertisements. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial, or non-governmental agency. Similarly, we do not allow attempts to defame or defraud any financial, commercial, or non-governmental agency.
- We do not allow comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
- You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username, and any information provided.
The appearance of external links, 'likes', and 'follows' on these sites do not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the U.S. Navy or Department of Defense.
You are encouraged to quote, republish, or share any content on these pages on your own blog, Web site, or other communication/publication. If you do so, please credit the command or the person who authored the content as a courtesy (photo or article byline can be U.S. Navy or MC2 Joe Smith, for example).
Thank you for your interest in and support of the men and women of the United States Naval Academy Band.
For more information visit the DoD Social Media user agreement at