Midshipmen Uniform Regulations
- ONLY WHILE ON LIBERTY, unless otherwise authorized
- No gym shorts
- No shower shoes
- No Cut-off shorts or shirts
- No Jogging suits, sweat suits, PE gear (you may PT in PT gear on liberty but you can NOT stop along the way or do anything else)
- No wearing of the American Flag (that is also a federal regulation)
- No uniform parts as part of civilian clothes (other than the all weather coat with rank insignia removed)
- No Hats indoors
- ALLOWED IN BANCROFT & SMOKE PARK ONLY
- NEVER ALLOWED IN DAHLGREN
- NEVER ALLOWED AT GATE 1 TO PICK UP FOOD (I know that conflicting word was sent on this in the past. Please trust me when I say that you are not allowed to do this)
- NEVER ALLOWED IN CEREMONIAL AREAS (Stribling, T-Court, Rotunda, Smoke Hall, etc)
- While on yard liberty Spirit Gear may be worn to a sporting event on the yard; this is only for an actual varsity or club competition
- Teams with designated practice uniforms may wear the practice uniform to, during, and from practice only; NOT whatever random spirit gear they feel like, NOT to make stops along the way and NOT to just go lift on their off time (official practices only)
- Allowed from beginning of evening meal until reveille only
- Allowed only with athletic shoes or shower shoes, NOT random sandals or boat shoes
- No tank top, cut-offs or ripped clothing
- NEVER ALLOWED OUTSIDE! (yes this includes walking to Mac-D or Lejune for a swim)
- Only allowed from beginning of evening meal to reveille in Bancroft Hall.....period
Blue & Gold Jogging Suits:
- Not allowed on town liberty even if you are on chit (exception is to/from off yard medical appointment)
- Before 1800 it can be worn in class or other academic building (including the library) only while on chit. You must have the chit on you
- Before 1800 it cannot be worn in ceremonial areas (including Stribling & T-Court) unless you are on crutches/wheelchair (not a scooter), with a chit and are going to an actual class.
- Between 1800 & 2300 allowed in ceremonial areas, Smoke hall, Rotunda, Drydock, Academic Buildings, library.
- Allowed in King Hall for evening meal rolling tray only (unless you are on chit)
NEX, Commissary & Food Court:
- Only authorized to use while on liberty and only in uniform or civilian attire, not PT or Spirit gear.
- May NOT be used during Athletic reserve period, this includes teams that practice a the BSC. You may NOT stop at Panda Express/Subway after practice.
- You may NOT take off your shirts while PTing off yard, on yard or on NSA.
- You may sunbathe on Hospital Point only and only in issued swim gear.